Community Creation

Giving and Receiving On Your Blog – When Do You Start Receiving?

by · 23 comments

Usually I find that in blogging, more work is being done on our part than we will actually be rewarded for doing. Any time we do work, we expect something in return of greater value. And when we don’t get that reward, we aren’t happy about it all. One of the many things blogging has […]

Click to continue

How I Realized Banner Ads are Harmful to my Community

by · 66 comments

The common monetization method that just about every blogger uses is 125×125 sidebar banner ads. I feel that these ads have had a negative impact on my community. In this post I went over how exactly these ads prevented me from building a stronger community.

Click to continue

The Final – Blogger Versus WordPress.com

by · 61 comments

If you are familiar with the blogosphere, you will have noticed that most blogs are either run using Google’s Blogger or WordPress (as a framework). These two systems, along with a couple of other such as Joomla, Typepad etc. are the most commonly used CMS (Content Management Systems) and for some damn good reasons too. Undoubtedly […]

Click to continue

What does it mean to really connect with your readers?

by · 25 comments

Many people in the blogosphere nowadays fail to really connect with their readers. Sure, you reply to comments on your blog and you respond to emails (if you even get either of the two). But is that all there is to really creating a steady user base? And on that note, recurring readers/visitors? I have […]

Click to continue

Increase Comment Productivity on Your Blog

by · 33 comments

Replying to comments on your blog is really important and necessary for your blog to become a great social environment. Over time as your blog grows larger and gets more comments per post, you will find it harder to keep up with everything and replying to your comments. I find it fairly challenging to do […]

Click to continue