AS fellow blogger Amanda DiSilvestro mentioned in a previous post, anyone can start a blog. But without clear-cut goals, your blog will reach a point where it will stagnate.
Whether you’re running a personal or a professional blog, setting action-oriented goals for it will help it grow and reach its maximum potential. If you aren’t sure as to what kind of blogging objectives you need, you can explore the following list of easy guidelines in determining what you want for your blog.
1. I will post ____articles every week, with a total of ____ posts every 6 months / a year.
2. I will write ____ articles every week.
3. I will read at least ____ references every day.
4. I will read at least ____ books every month.
5. I will submit at least ____ articles for guest posting to other blogs at least once a week / once every 2 weeks, totaling ____ posts every 6 months / a year.
1. I will respond to at least ____ comments every week.
2. I will contact at least ____ blogs where I can submit guest posts.
3. I will accept ____ guest posters at least once every two weeks / once a month.
4. I will post at least ____ substantial comments on other blogs every week, totaling ____ comments every 6 months / a year.
The first step in goal-setting is knowing exactly what you want to happen. From there you can figure out how to make it happen.
1. I will post about my blog on Twitter / Facebook / Digg, etc. at least ____ times a day, totaling ____ times a month / every 6 months / a year.
2. I will follow at least ____ people in my social networking sites every week.
3. I will promote my followers’ posts / blogs in my social networking ____ times a week.
4. I will send out ____ emails about my blog to my mailing list at least ____ a week, totaling ____ times a month.
5. I will promote advertising spots on my site at least ____ times a week.
1. I will raise my blog’s page ranking from x to x by (date).
2. I will aim to get ____ sponsors on my blog by (date).
3. I will join ____ affiliate networks by (date) and monitor my weekly and monthly progress.
4. I will install ____ monetizing apps and plugins in my blog and monitor my weekly and monthly progress.
5. I will aim to earn at least ____ from my blog every month.
1. I will always address my commenters by their first names.
2. I will always practice good blogging manners.
3. I will set a schedule for free writing to jumpstart my creativity every day.
4. I will take steps to stick to my daily blogging schedule.
5. I will compile a set of online and printed research material to support my goal plans.
6. I will conduct extensive research on affiliate programs and other monetizing methods before committing to any of them.
These are just a few goals and objectives that you can set for your blogging process. You don’t need to aspire to achieve all of them in one fell swoop; just choose the target that will meet your needs for now, then focus on attaining it before moving on to the next one.
Photo credits: www.ksuccess.com, kasadawai.blogspot.com
CARMELA MARAAN has written on various topics ranging from marketing, advertising, blogging, and creative writing to adult material. She is enthusiastic about expanding her repertoire as she views the world as one huge library. During her free time she is also a voracious reader, an irrepressible singer, and a mom who hardly sleeps.